To help you be a romantic hero this Valentine’s Day, we’ve put together 120 different ways to say “I love you” without necessarily saying anything at all. Choose your favorite saying, fun activity to try, or use our ideas as jumping-off points to create your own personalized way to express your love in words.
How to Say “I Love You”
Think about your special person and what they would think is the best way to say “I love you”. Are they a hopeless romantic, introverted and artistic or do they just like to laugh? Once you figure out their preferences, saying “I love you” won’t be as hard.
Romantic Ways to Say “I Love You”
Decide what the most romantic saying is with these 25 romantic ways to say “I love you.”
- I love you to the moon and back again
- We fit together like puzzle pieces
- You are the best thing that has ever happened to me
- You complete me
- I can’t believe you’re mine
- You are a beautiful person inside and out
- I am here for you…always
- I’m yours
- I’m the luckiest person in the world
- We are meant to be
- I’d do anything to make you smile
- You are my soulmate
- My heart calls out for you
- I like the way you make me feel, even when you are not around
Romantic Activities to Say “I Love You”
- Set up a spa day at home
- Send flowers or a treat to their work
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Go stargazing
- Go for a ride in a horse-drawn carriage
- Cuddle up by the fireplace
- Write them a love letter
- Give them a personalized gift
- Read them a romantic poem
- Make a candlelit dinner
- Listen to their favorite song
When in doubt choose from a selection of our Love & Romance bouquets to make an impression.
Funny Ways to Say “I Love You”
One of the best ways to show someone you care is to make them laugh. Whether it be with a joke or an activity, these ideas will put smiles on you and your love’s faces.
- What did the volcano say to the mountain? I lava you!
- You are the crayons to my coloring book
- I’ve fallen for you and I can’t get up
- I’m crazy for you, or maybe just crazy!
- I’d like you to guest star on my Love Boat
- You are just like bacon, you make everything better!
- We go together like biscuits and gravy
- I plan on bugging you for a long, long time
- You are my favorite distraction
- Let’s grow old and wrinkly together
- Love is being silly together
- Life would be boring without you
- You’ve stolen a pizza my heart
Funny Activities to say “I Love You”
- Attend a comedy show together
- Shout them out on the radio
- Perform a funny dance in front of them
- Play Truth or Dare
- Make a fool of yourself
- Buy them a fish and name it together
- Share an inside joke
- Send them a joke for every day of the month
- Make a silly face at them
- Play a game of rock paper scissors with them
- Make them laugh
- Tickle them
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”
You don’t have to move mountains to share how you feel. Try these simple but thoughtful ways to tell someone what they mean to you.
- I’m crazy about you
- You’re my dream come true
- You take my breath away
- Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to
- There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from
- You’re my partner in crime
- You look great today and every day
- I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day
- I just called to hear your voice
- Sometimes I look at you and wonder how I got so lucky
- Your voice is my favorite sound
- Whatever we do today, I’m glad to do it with you
- I’ve always got your back
- You make me feel warm and fuzzy inside
Cute Activities to Say “I Love You”
- Make the kids’ lunches
- Give the dog a bath
- Serve them breakfast in bed
- Hold their hand
- Gift a framed photo of the two of you
- Surprise them
- Throw them a surprise party
- Film a video of yourself telling them how much they mean to you
- Fill a jar of 100 reasons why you love them
- Help them move
- Give them an affirmation card
Different Ways to Say “I Love You”
Saying “I love you” doesn’t have to be only through words. There are many different ways to say “I love you.” Learn their love language and use the following ideas to pick one perfect for your soul mate.
Ways to Say “I Love You” Using Acts of Service
- Do a chore for them
- Clean their house or a shared space
- Make them a cup of coffee
- Run an errand for them
- Get their car washed
Ways to Say “I Love You” Using Physical Touch
- Wrap your arms around them
- Invent a secret handshake
- Write “I love you” on their hand with your fingers
- Hug them for 30 seconds
- Spend the night in and cuddle
Ways to Say “I Love You” Using Gifts
- Buy their friends a round of drinks
- Spoil them with an expensive gift
- Create a collage of special photos
- Frame a memento from a special occasion
- Buy them something for their pet
Ways to Say “I Love You” Using Quality Time
- Go for a long walk
- Take an art or dancing class together
- Try a new restaurant or bar
- Share your goals and desires with them
- Go to a workout class they love
Other Creative Ways to Say “I Love You”
Haven’t found the perfect way to seal the deal? Try these creative ways to say “I love you” that go above and beyond!
- Leave hide-and-seek love letters.
- Write little love notes to your mate and leave them in unexpected places where they will eventually be found, such as in a sock drawer, a packed lunch or even in the freezer. That way, they will regularly be surprised by your thoughtfulness.
- Unleash your inner DJ.
- Creating a romantic “mixtape” of meaningful love songs used to be a popular romantic gesture. Nowadays, you can do the same by creating iTunes or Spotify playlists to express your love through music.
- Create a “52 Things I Love About You” booklet.
- How do I love thee? Let me count the ways… If you can come up with at least 52 reasons, and one deck of standard playing cards, you can create a “52 Things I Love About You” booklet. Just write (or paste) a different reason you love your significant other on each card, and then use a hole punch and binder rings to turn the card deck into a booklet. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, it can serve as an ongoing reminder of the reasons you fell in love.
- Say it in different languages.
- Saying “I love you” is perhaps a little bit too easy. Being able to say it in French (Je t’aime), Finnish (Minä rakastan sinua) or Farsi (Duset daram) shows that you are a real romantic. If you’re not sure about pronunciation, you can always write it out and fill your Valentine’s Day card with declarations of love from around the world. Language site Omniglot has “I love you” spelled out in over 200 languages, from Afrikaans to Zulu. And if every spoken language on earth is not enough to proclaim your love, Geekosystem has it in Klingon, Na’vi and even binary code.
- Valentine’s fortune cookies.
- You can create some real magic this Valentine’s Day by putting a personalized message of love inside a closed and sealed fortune cookie—without breaking the cookie or the seal. How, Houdini? By using a little steam to open the cookie and a little ironing to reseal the plastic packaging.
- A message in a bottle.
- “Before I met you, I was lost and alone, drifting aimlessly through life…” If you want to show how grateful you are for finally finding your one and only, write down your thoughts in a love note and deliver it as a classic message in a bottle. Check your local craft store for an appropriate cork-stopped bottle. Make sure the opening is wide enough for the message to slip through, and tie the scroll with ribbon or string to prevent it from unrolling inside the bottle.
- Say it with a Kiss.
- Hershey’s Kisses have been a candy staple since 1907 (although the name wasn’t trademarked until 2001). Though sweet in their own right, you can turn the chocolate candies into little love notes by customizing the paper ribbons that extend from the top of the foil wrappers. Simply print your own messages onto small strips of paper and use them to replace the “Kisses®” tags. Toss them in a personalized treat jar and you’ve got the perfect gift for a chocolate lover. Or, if you have difficulty unwrapping and re-wrapping the thin aluminum foil, you can just glue your message onto the existing tag.